Wednesday 4 May 2011

Back in my old truck again

After my last trip up to the mines i had swapped back into my normal truck which had sat in YK for over a week since it was trailered down from the mine and yes a glutton for punishment i had now come back up the ice road to the EKATI Diamond mine ,just a few km further up the ice road and this was my first view of the mine




The huge prill store at the Ekati mine


it can hold two years worth of prill for the mine








At all the mines the food is available for you and you can make pack ups and and the list of food that is available is huge





I wonder how much the rocks in this truck are worth
they process 800 tons an hour here at Ekati and get around 4 liters of diamonds a day







and it even has its own airport ,they all do its the only way to get here in the summer and the shiftys change every two weeks


















No comments:

Post a Comment